I have just transitioned to a new laptop and was mindful of the steps I took when customizing my new computer. I thought it was interesting to see what I “had” to do “first.”
Here is the order so far:
- Open IE to download Mozilla Firefox
- Use Mozilla to download Safari browser
- Use Mozilla to download Chrome
- Hide IE from my desktop, I’ll use it for testing, but not until then, even then I’ll have to check if our district image has given me IE8 or IE9
- Download iTunes
- Move my iPhone and iPad to this computer, noted I will need to investigate iCloud soon too
- Download FileZilla Client
- Set top four bookmarks for work, so when I return from maternity leave I have the addresses in my preferred browser (can you guess?) Firefox
- Download Jing
- Installed NASA Spacescapes desktop images to my desktop
Ahhh, it’s like a homecoming now.
What would your Top Ten moves be on a new computer?
11. Create email signature!
Leave a Reply